UK. Limited places left for ICOE Orkney Day Trip: Book your place before Monday 15th Feb
Wednesday, 10 February 2016
There are still a few places left on the Orkney Day Trip being hosted by the European Marine Energy Centre (EMEC) and Highlands and Islands Enterprise (HIE) on Monday 22nd February 2016.
The event is an official side event for the International Conference on Ocean Energy (ICOE) which commences on Tuesday 23rd following the day trip to Orkney.
The Orkney Day Trip will give you the opportunity to:
- Learn more about EMEC and the unprecedented level of marine renewables activity that has taken place on the islands over the last decade;
- Visit the Billia Croo wave test site on the west coast of Orkney;
- Take a look inside EMEC’s electrical substation, where the electricity produced by wave energy convertors firsts lands onshore;
- Tour Orkney’s marine renewables supporting infrastructure, including Hatston Pier;
- Talk with the local supply chain; and
- Hear from some of the key players within the marine renewables industry.
There may also be an opportunity to fly over the Fall of Warness tidal test site but this will be dependent on weather conditions.
A nominal cost for the day trip is fixed at £300 + VAT to cover the cost of return flights to Orkney from Edinburgh, and local transport on the island. Breakfast and lunch will be provided.
Further details on the Orkney Day Trip are available online: www.tinyurl.com/ICOEOrkneyDayTrip
If you would like to register for this event, please contact Danielle Moodie – firstname.lastname@example.org - who will send you an invitation with booking instructions.
The event is open to all ICOE delegates, however due to limited seating on the plane there are only a few spaces left. These will be allocated on a first-come-first-served basis.
Please reserve your space by Monday 15th February 2016.
There is always the possibility that flights and/or aspects of the programme could be affected by adverse weather conditions given the time of year. If the flight is cancelled due to adverse weather conditions or other operational reasons by Eastern Airways then monies will be refunded.
Lisa MacKenzie, Marketing & Communications Officer
Tel: +44 (0)1856 852 060
Mob: +44(0)7876 116 396
News Presented BY Cathy McLean
BYMNews has introduced BIG Picture advertising.
Click the Megayacht on any one of the 3 carousels. To see this remarkable presentation that will open from any BYMNews Banner Ad.
“Since the peacock had feathers, display has been the way to Advertise”
Last Updated ( Wednesday, 10 February 2016 )